EDUARDO B. ANDRADE
Professor of Marketing & Behavioral Sciences
Associate Dean for Faculty and Research
Head, Center for Behavioral Research (CBR)
Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration (EBAPE)
FGV, Rio de Janeiro
email address: email@example.com
Last update - June 2016
- Ph.D., Marketing, University of Florida,US, 2004.
- M.Sc., Marketing, École des HEC - Université de Montréal, Canada, 1996.
- BSBA, Business Administration, Universidade Federal de Santa Catarina, Brazil, 1993.
HONORS AND AWARDS
- July 2012 to present - Professor of Marketing & Behavioral Sciences - Brazilian School of Public and Business Administration, FGV Rio de Janeiro.
- July 2010 to Jun 2102 - Associate Professor of Marketing (with tenure) - Haas School of Business - University of California, Berkeley.
- July 2004 to June 2010 - Assistant Professor of Marketing - Haas School of Business - University of California, Berkeley.
- Society for Consumer Psychology (SCP) C.W. Park Outstanding Contribution Award for article published in the Journal of Consumer Psychology (2017)
- Association for Consumer Research (ACR) Early Career Award for distinguished scholarly contributions to the field of consumer research (2011)
- Journal of Consumer Research (JCR) Outstanding Reviewer Award (2010-2011)
- CASBS Scholar - Summer Institute on Emotion and Decision (pic) - Stanford University (2004)
- Marketing Science Institute (MSI) Young Scholar (pic) (2007)
- American Marketing Association (AMA) Doctoral Consortium Fellow - Minneapolis, MN (2003)
- Barbara and Gerson Bakar Faculty Fellow - UC Berkeley (2010 to 2012)
EDITORIAL REVIEW BOARDS
- Journal of Consumer Research (2014-to date)
- Journal of Marketing Research (2010-to date)
- Journal of Consumer Research (2011-to date)
- Journal of Consumer Psychology (2012-to date)
PUBLICATIONS: SELECTED ARTICLES
- Consumer Psychology and Behavioral Sciences.
PUBLICATIONS: BOOK CHAPTERS
- Andrade, Eduardo B., Terrance Odean, and Shengle Lin (2016), "Bubbling with Excitement: An Experiment," Review of Finance, 20 (2), 447-466, 10.1093/rof/rfv016 .
- Goulart, Marco A.V.O., Newton C.A. da Costa Jr., Eduardo B. Andrade, and André A.P. Santos (2015), "Hedging Against Embarrassment," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, 116, 310-318.
- Mittelman, Mauricio, Eduardo B. Andrade, Amitava Chattopadhyay, and C. Miguel Brendl (2014), “The Offer Framing Effect: Choosing Single versus Bundled Offerings Affects Variety Seeking,” Journal of Consumer Research, 41 (December), 953-964.
- Chan, Cindy, Leaf Van Boven, Eduardo B. Andrade, and Dan Ariely (2014), "Moral Violations Reduce Oral Consumption," Journal of Consumer Psychology, 24(3), 381-386. OUTSTANDING CONTRIBUTION AWARD
- Lee, Chan Jean, Eduardo B. Andrade, and Stephen E. Palmer (2013), "Interpersonal Relationships and Preferences for Mood-Congruency in Aesthetic Experiences," Journal of Consumer Research, 40 (August), 382-391.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. (2011), "Excessive Confidence in Visually-based Estimates," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processess, 116 (November), 252-261.
- Lee, Chan Jean and Eduardo B. Andrade (2011), "Fear, Social Projection, and Financial Decision Making," Journal of Marketing Research, Special Interdisciplinary Issue on Consumers' Financial Decision Making, XLVII (November), S121-S129.
- Laran, Juliano, Amy Dalton, and Eduardo B. Andrade (2011), "The Curious Case of Behavioral Backlash: Why Brands Produce Priming Effects and Slogans Produce Reverse Priming Effects," Journal of Consumer Research, 37(April), 999-1014. (Summarized in "Why Consumers Rebel Against Slogans", Harvard Business Review, November 2011, p. 706).
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Leaf Van Boven (2010), "Feelings Not Foregone: Underestimating Affective Reactions to What Does Not Happen," Psychological Science, 21(5),706-711.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Teck-Hua Ho (2009), "Gaming Emotions in Social Interactions," Journal of Consumer Research, 36 (December), 539-551 - LEAD ARTICLE.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Ganesh Iyer (2009), "Planned versus Actual Betting in Sequential Gambles," Journal of Marketing Research, Vol. XLVI (June), 372-383.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Dan Ariely (2009), "The Enduring Impact of Transient Emotions on Decision Making," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processess, 109 (May),1-8 - LEAD ARTICLE.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Joel B. Cohen (2007), "On the Consumption of Negative Feelings," Journal of Consumer Research, 34 (October), 283-300 - LEAD ARTICLE.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Teck-Hua Ho (2007), "How is the Boss's Mood Today? I Want a Raise," Psychological Science, 18 (August), 668-671.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. (2005), "Behavioral Consequences of Affect: Combining Evaluative and Regulatory Mechanisms," Journal of Consumer Research, 32 (December), 355-362.
- Cohen, Joel B. and Eduardo B. Andrade (2004), "Affective Intuition and Task-Contingent Affect Regulation," Journal of Consumer Research, 31 (September), 358-367.
- Andrade, Eduardo B. (2015), "Consumer Emotions," In Cambridge Handbook of Consumer Psychology, Eds. Michael Norton, Derek Rucker, & Cait Lamberton. Cambridge University Press, pp. 90-212.
- Cohen, Joel B., Michel T. Pham and Eduardo B. Andrade (2008), "The Nature and Role of Affect in Consumer Behavior," In Handbook of Consumer Psychology, Eds. Curt Haugtvedt, Frank Kardes, and Paul Herr. Mahwah, NJ: Erlbaum (pp.297-348).
- Andrade, Eduardo B. and Joel B. Cohen (2007), "Affect-Based Evaluation and Regulation as Mediators of Behavior: The Role of Affect in Risk-Taking, Helping and Eating Patterns," In Do Emotions Help or Hurt Decision Making: A Hedgefoxian Perspective, Eds. Kathleen Vohs, Roy Baumeister, and George Loewenstein. New York, NY: Russel Sage, (pp. 35-68).
SELECTED PRESENTATIONS AT FACULTY RESEARCH SEMINARS
- Consumer Behavior (MSc Program)
- Emotions on Consumer Judgment and Decision Making (PhD Program);
SELECTED PRESENTATIONS AT CONFERENCES/COLLOQUIA
- LBS Marketing Summer Camp (2012); Stanford University - Affective Sciences Group (2010); UC Berkeley - IPSR (2004, 2010); Duke University - Fuqua (2009); University of Toronto - Rotman (2009); Northwestern University - Kellogg (2009); University of Miami - Business School (2009); Yale University - SOM (2008); University of Southern California - Marshall (2007); University of Pennsylvania - Wharton (2006); University of Chicago - GSB (2006); New York University - Stern (2005); Columbia University - CBS (2005); Stanford University - GSB (2005).
- SCP International - Florence, Italy (2012), ACR-North America (2010, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2002), SPSP Pre-Conference on Emotion - Tampa (2009), Bay Area Spring Colloquium - Santa Clara University (2008), MSI Young Scholar Conference - Park City - Utah (2007), SCP Conference - Las Vegas (2007), Emotion and Decision Making Reunion, UC Berkeley (2005).